Before you go for vocal training class, spend time to do the following steps for
You will need:-
- A Mobile Recording app or Desktop Computer/Laptop with Microphone and basic recording software.
- Writing Materials.
- Something to sing with - Use one of your favourite karaoke or backing track
- Record yourself singing along to a song.
- Listen back to your recording.
Take notes on the following points:
- Your notes should match the song.
- Can you recognize that your voice is in tune or not?
- Is your voice weak or strong? - shouting is NOT Singing!!
- Are you breathing correctly? - you should not be short of breath
- Do you struggle to reach the notes - pick an easy song to start with!
- Are you gasping for air between phrases - learn to breath in the "rests" between phrases
- Record youself again with another song
- Listen to the difference in your practice recordings as you progress.